Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

What's "A Little Sass & All the Frills"?

  Hey y'all!  I guess I'll tell y'all a little bit about myself for my Very FIRST Blog Post!  Eeeeeek! Ok- enough of that!  ;) My name is Stevie Jo Stump, and I'm 28 years old.  I am married to a wonderful man, and we have 4, yes FOUR, beautiful children!
  

We live in Eva, AL, where my husband works as a machinist, and I stay home with all of our babies.  Being a stay-at-home mama can be tough at times, but its SO worth it!  I love watching them learn and grow.  It is such a blessing!  But the pay, well.... lets just say my paycheck is in the form of hugs & kisses and "I-Love-You-Mama's"... which doesn't leave much for any frills.  That's where my creative side was born.
        I have always loved the holidays and home décor and flowers and pretty food and matching outfits for all my babies and *sigh* all that good stuff.... but MAN, is it expensive!!! Instead of getting discouraged,  I hit the internet and searched out EVERY tutorial I could get my hands on!! Before long I was making that fabulous wreath I only dreamed of owning with a mesh wreath tutorial from Kristen's Creations.  All of my friends and family wanted one too, so I got busy!! And I felt encouraged and inspired!




And its just snowballed from there!  I've taught myself so much from hand-painting and sewing to making little girl's hair bows and gardening!  (I even learned to make homemade bread and noodles!)



 Everyone was asking me to make them some of my creations, so I worked up the courage to create a Facebook page Sass & Frills, and now I'm sharing my work with people all over!!!
      Since so many blogs helped me with all of their wonderful tips and tutorials, I really wanted to share my journey with others out there that may want to decorate and have "all the frills" but can't afford the boutique prices!  It can seem overwhelming at times, and you may think you are not "crafty enough" to master the project, but if you have the will and perseverance, you can do ANYTHING another crafter has done! 
     So join me on my journey to learning the tricks and trades of master crafters, bakers, seamstresses, gardeners, & decorators!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment